Friday, November 4, 2011

Studio Fair


Day one of Studio Fair.

I remembered to bring my camera with me but immediately got a 'low battery' message so all I got were a couple of shots before it died entirely.

Day one of the fair and the city, in it's wisdom, closed off the major road leading to the Civic Centre and parking.  I'm sure that's partly why there were so few people in attendance.  I'm hoping that the road will remain partially open - as it was when I came home - so that people can at least get to the hall without too much hassle.

Doug did the opening and closing shifts while I worked the afternoon.  The show is still on for another 30 minutes, and I have to say - it's been dismal so far.  The worst in the 30+ years I've done this particular show.  I sure hope things pick up tomorrow because Sunday is generally for families and 'looking'.

Currently reading Wicked Autumn by G. M. Malliet - a recommendation from author Louise Penny's blog

2 comments:

Loomacy and Lace said...

Weirdly, it looked like more foot traffic than I've seen on a _lot_ of the Fridays... Guess it was more looky-loo traffic?

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is MUCH improved!

Sandra Rude said...

Ouch! Dismal - I know what that looks like. Hope it picks up tomorrow.