Sunday, September 24, 2017

Heading Home

it is 1:30 and I can't seem to get to sleep.  Fortunately we are heading home in stages, going only as far as Copenhagen tomorrow afternoon.  So my inability to get to sleep isn't as awful as it might be if the alarm were set to go off at dark o'clock.

It has been a great trip, visiting first with friends in England, now in Sweden.  Getting to attend the Swedish conference, meeting people in real life.  Seeing lovely textiles, shopping.

But all good things must come to an end.  Three weeks away seems to be just the right length of time.  We didn't get to see everything but it would take a great deal longer to scratch the surface.  Three weeks is also long enough to be away from home...and one's own bed, and routine.

So I face Monday with a bittersweet sense of leaving too soon but arriving very soon to my home and studio.  Where I have work to do, deadlines to stare down, goals to accomplish.

I am also beginning to once again feel the urge to tackle the long languishing manuscript.  But that will have to wait for some weeks, yet, as my schedule until mid November will allow zero time to even think about it.

Perhaps I can try getting to sleep again.  It will still be a short night.  

2 comments:

Dianne Quimby said...

Does this mean you are going over THE Bridge??? Watch out for the body in the middle if so!

Laura Fry said...

Yes, indeed. This will be my third time. No bodies...yet. ;)

For reference, Netflix tv series The Bridge with English subtitles...