Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Letting Go


(photo taken from AVL website)

As we work our way through tearing the loom apart and setting aside things that someone else might possibly want, the piles of bits and pieces are beginning to be spoken for or even delivered.

The first delivery happened last week.  And now I begin to look deeper into the nooks and crannies of my studio.

I have several AVL fly shuttles with the Honix tensioner.  I have a couple dozen or so plastic pirns.

They have been used and show signs of that usage but I'd like to see them continue to be used.  If anyone is interested, email me laura at laurafry dot com

These are easily mailed so will accept offers from people outside of Canada.

I have agonized over the Whitin winder which winds industrial pirns for industrial fly shuttles.

I have 12 of these heavier and slightly larger shuttles and about 1000 wooden pirns.  The pirns don't have to be wound on the industrial pirn winder - a bobbin winder that holds a spool, bobbin or pirn on both ends would do the job just fine.

But if anyone is interested in the pirn winder, they would have to come get it.  I have no desire to try and ship it.  Anywhere.  Bring a truck.  Or trailer.

A couple of people have expressed an interest, but so far it's been too much work to get it, then modify the fly shuttle boxes on an AVL to fit the ever so slightly larger-than-AVL shuttles.

However, if someone has a loom other than an AVL, these might be just the thing.  I can provide measurements.

Apparently I don't have a photo of the winder in my files but it is a Whitin winder, comes with maintenance manual.  It has two winding heads and if you keep yarn feeding through it and pirns in the carousel it keeps on winding perfect pirns.

A couple of people have asked for other bits and pieces but I was out of town, soon to leave again.  If you haven't heard from me and still want what we discussed?  Let me know.  The Megado arrives next month and I would dearly love to see these things shipped and on their way to a new home.

The next few months are fraught with tight deadlines.  And now I need to go weave.  Fall craft fair season is coming up.




No comments: