Thursday, June 2, 2022

Iterations

 


Today we are having our 4th covid vaccination and there wasn't time to go weave a towel before we have to leave, but too much time to 'waste'.  

So I messed around with the current draft.  There were elements in it I really liked and I wanted to see if I could break one of them out and make something with it.

After about 30 minutes of messing about, I came up with this one.  It still isn't quite ready to weave, but it won't take much longer to add in the selvedge borders, then extend the treadling to make a tea towel length sequence, including borders at top and bottom, enough for hems to be turned under.

While I actually named this 'snowballs in July' (original draft), by the time I got this far it is now more four leaf clover than snowball.  But that's ok, it doesn't really matter what I call it, just that I remember what I called it when I go to use it.  :D

Frankly it isn't really the same as the bit of the draft I liked, but once I'd cut it out of the rest of the threading progression, it didn't repeat well on it's own.  So I'll be going with this one.  Because who can't use a little more 'luck' in their lives?

And yes, I may re-name it Four Leaf Clover.

No comments: