Thursday, September 29, 2022

Quiet Day

 


Today is a quiet day.  A day to just be.  No plans, other than to let the injection do what it needs to do.  A day to let concerns go.   A day to pick up needle and thread, sit by the window where the light is better.  To listen to music.  To still my mind.  To stop fussing.  Because I have done what I can, and if I’ve forgotten anything I will have to wing it.  

Soon enough it will be time for focus and busy.  Time to order my thoughts.  Think of everything I can. To present the information as best I can. 

To reduce camera changes we will record out of sequence, and, more challenging yet, both topics interleaved.  Hopefully by Monday the brain fog will have lifted so I can pull this off. 

I’m no stranger to teaching weaving ‘out of order’ but this is the first time for doing two topics at once, so to speak.  But I’ve mostly only ever had live audiences.  Taping like this is going to require my complete brain power.  Challenging?  Oh my, yes!  

Fortunately both Felicia and Greta are weavers because I’m going to be relying on them to let me know if I’ve said what needs to be said.  Or we do a re-take.  And keep doing re-takes until they are satisfied. 

The weather here is quite lovely and if it weren’t for Covid and my feet, I wouldn’t mind going somewhere doing something.  But the classes are my primary concern, so I will sit in the hotel room. Hem. Nap. Rest. 

And just…be.