Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flowers or?



So here is scarf #4. I'm kind of liking this motif a lot and can see it in a bunch of different colours. I'm calling it a flower although it could be a four leaf clover, too. :)

The rhythm of the shuttle throwing is much slower than just using one shuttle, or even two pick and pick. In this case it's two picks of the fine black, one pick of the rayon chenille. While I've reduced the weaving time from 120 minutes to 90 minutes per scarf (give or take) I still find myself zoning out and picking up the wrong shuttle from time to time. Fortunately I'm catching myself more quickly than before, but it's still annoying when it happens.

I suppose that, by the end of the 40 yards, the hop, hop, skip rhythm will become my new default and weaving with one shuttle will feel weird.

Or maybe not. I have a painted warp on the Fanny loom and expect to finish threading and sleying today so that I can weave on that warp tomorrow.

And then I'll be really confused! :^)

Currently reading Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

2 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Hi, Laura, I wore your "I heart weaving" tshirt yesterday in your honor as I arrived in ABQ. I'll try to post some pictures so you'll feel almost as if you were here. that pattern is wonderful!

Laura Fry said...

Thanks Sandra. :) I'm a little bit sad I had to cancel but there will be another opportunity. Will look forward to seeing your reports. :D

Cheers,
Laura