Thursday, August 17, 2017

Oops


I was supposed to have four threads left over when I'd done threading this warp.  Hmm.  Six.  

SIGH.  Still Not Perfect!

With 764 or so ends in the warp, a fairly straight forward but 'fancy' 16 shaft twill, I have no idea where the error is.  So I have sleyed and tied on and am now trying to find the mistake.  And it's hiding.

In the process, I discovered that the computer that runs the loom has suddenly disappeared ALL of my weaving files - except for the warp I just finished weaving.

There are days when I'd really like to hide in a blanket fort with a colouring book.  This is one of them...


Edited to add:


I spy with my little eye...two empty heddles just to the right of the red thread.  The solution is 'easy' - add two spools of the warp thread, enter them into the empty heddles, which is where they belong, obviously, move the rest of the threads 'over', re-tie and continue.  

After lunch.  

5 comments:

Stephanie S said...

Hope you find the error quickly! I have been known to miscount my warp ends - could that be the problem? Otherwise you'll eventually find the errors but the question is when? Sometimes a little heavier weft makes the mistakes clear for me.
Good luck.

Laura Fry said...

My counting was fine. I got distracted and left two heddles empty. :(

Airstream30 said...

Laura,

I know this won't make you feel any better, but you made me feel better. Being a Type A personality compounded with OCD, I struggle to get my warp perfect. It makes me feel much better that someone as experienced as you are still makes mistakes.

Thank you for making my day. I sure hope it doesn't take you too long to find and correct your mistake.

Malcolm

Peg Cherre said...

Don't you hate it when something like this happens - and love it when the fix is easy? :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.