Monday, March 2, 2020

Clearing Things Out



This is a scanning electron microscope view of a single strand of rayon fibre.  I had this and other fibres done for The Intentional Weaver.  Prior to doing TIW, however, I did smaller publications - a series called A Good Yarn, where I discussed fibre characteristics and included woven samples of the fibre, both before and after wet finishing.

In my efforts to sort through bins of stuff, I came across a bin full of old - not sure what to call them - hand books?  Monographs?  Things I self published over the years but never sold.

So here's a list:




Workshop in a Box #2 - Weaving with Tencel - 1 copies

Workshop in a Box #4 - Loop de loop scarf - 6 copies
Workshop in a Box #4 - Log Cabin - 6 copies

The WIAB publications are lessons.  These were included in the 'kits' I was making in the early 2000s,  They were intended to be a self-guided workshop and came with warp and weft sufficient to make the project.  However, I am no longer producing these kits and would love to get these little booklets into the hands of folk who would appreciate them.

I'm asking $15 each title including shipping in North America


The booklets come with plastic covers and spine, diagrams are large.  To order email me at Laura@laurafry.com  These booklets are not just project notes but lessons, or hints and tips to make your weaving easier/better.

First paid, first served.

Edited to update number of available copies.


No comments: