Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Organized

 


When we gave up the annex we had to make room in the house for all the stuff that was stored there that we wanted to keep.  My inventory was, of course, one of those things.  I had hoped to participate in the craft fairs via the guild booth, but of course covid happened and sales were cancelled.  

In the meantime I have continued to weave.  It has been at a much reduced pace, but still, getting to the loom for two sessions a day means the cloth builds up.

One end of this shelving unit got dedicated to 'pantry' as we stocked up on things (because covid) and I had to find other places to store the new textiles.  So now I have this, plus shelves in two other places, also now filled with finished textiles.

And I keep making more.

Because I am on a mission to weave down my stash.

Right now I am also in the midst of preparations for the Next Big Project, plus I've been ghost weaving for another weaver.  So not only do I have my own yarn, I have yarn for the NBP plus yarn for the ghost weaving.

I think I'm doing 'retirement' wrong...

Both the NBP and the ghost weaving is taking some tap dancing in the goat trails that are currently the feature in my studio, and I'm feeling crammed, cramped, and verging on overwhelmed.  But yesterday I made a good start on getting a handle on the NBP and today I begin weaving the samples.

However, I also made the realization that I already have bins full of samples to use in the NBP so part of what I need to do is clear floor space to drag out the bins of  samples and get them sorted and figure out which ones I need and which ones I can set aside.  That, however, is easier said than done.

But first I need to weave the samples ready to be done on the Leclerc.  Yesterday I wound two warps and they should go fairly quickly as one warp is 8 epi, the other is 10, with ppi as close to the same as I can make them.  It will likely take longer to hemstitch them than weave them.

Which means I need to be making a start...

Being 'organized' means going and doing the work, not just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, ideas are not enough, I always tell myself!