If I taught a workshop/seminars at ANWG '19 would you be interested?

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Had to Laugh...

...at myself just because I'm so predictable.



Went shopping at Costco yesterday to stock up on vitamins and noticed they had a new display of mats. I had really liked the ones I saw a few weeks ago but they had been far too large for the entry space in my kitchen.

They now had a much larger selection and one size was almost right - a bit on the small side - but the price couldn't be beat. So I bought two. One to leave out daily, the other to lay out when we are getting ready for a show to protect the floor as boxes get stacked up ready to load into the van.

Now shopping at Costco is not a thoughtful affair. You (well, I, at any rate) kind of grab and run and if it isn't right - well, Costco has this great return policy. :}

So I kind of rummaged through the pile and decided on the beige colourway rather than the darker brown and beige - without ever unfolding the mats to look at the overall design.

It wasn't until I got home that I actually saw the pattern woven into the rug.

I am sooooo a weaver!

Currently reading Destiny Disrupted by Tamim Ansary

2 comments:

Sharon Schulze said...

HAHAHAHA!! Beautiful rug, Laura! Gotta love Costco.

Every time I pick a weaving pattern I will see something and say "ohhhh... that's really nice" and every time it ends up being... DIAMONDS!

I guess diamonds are this weaver girl's best friend. :-)

Sandra Rude said...

Ah, yes - a triaxial weave. Your inner self knew even if your eyes hadn't had time to decide.