the 'wrong' side of the cloth
the 'right' side of the cloth - weaving this up-side down to lift the fewest shafts
The past week hasn't been great for a couple of reasons but today is looking up. The smoke from the wild fires has cleared and we have lovely blue skies with predicted temps in the 70's F. And after trying statins at the urging of the specialist, suffering with extreme muscle pain for the last week, my new GP said I could go off them. I'm quite sure the fact that he has also experienced statin muscle pain was a large factor in his agreeing I could quit. He has started me on a 'new' cholesterol drug - or I will in a couple of days when the statins have been cleared out of my system.
Since I hurt no matter what I did, what I did was finish weaving the blue warp and immediately beam the next. Yesterday it was threaded, sleyed and tied on and this morning I started weaving. These photos don't really do the cloth justice, but will give you an idea.
The design is Wandering Vine or Snail's Trails and Cat's Paws but woven in twill blocks instead of overshot. Now that I've twigged how to easily convert overshot patterns into twill block designs, I may explore that a bit more. I like the large graphic nature of the the overshot translated into twill blocks. And I've still got all this very fine linen to use up as weft!
Currently reading the Care and Management of Lies by Jacqueline Winspear (a novel of the Great War)