Thursday, October 13, 2016

Planning Stages



Hard to believe, but I'm already working on my 2017 calendar...

So far all dates are tentative, subject to change, but here is what is in the planning:

(November 26/27, 2016 - Mug Rugs and More, Prince George Fibre Arts guild room)

2017

May 13-18 Olds Level One, Prince George
May 20-25 Olds Level Two, Prince George

The Olds classes* are usually five days, but I prefer to do them in six.  This gives an 'extra' day to the students to absorb the very dense information 'dump' during the class(es).  The classes in Prince George are also smaller - max of 10

June 5-9  Olds Level One, Gaelic College, St. Ann's, NS (on beautiful Cape Breton Island)

June 16-22 Olds Fibre Week.  I'm not sure if I will be teaching there yet, but hopefully Level One

June 28-July 1 ANWG conference Treadle Lightly at Victoria, BC  I'm booked to present two seminars

October 21-22  Lace Weave workshop with Olympia, WA guild.  Looking for another group to book the weekend prior in order to share travel costs

*Remember that if you pass a level, you can take the next level at a different location if it is more convenient for you.  You do have to pass the level in time to register for the next level.  Check the Olds College website in the new year for registration information.


5 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

Whew! Hoping both your brain and your body hold up to never really resting.

Anonymous said...

Laura, the woman who runs the Continuing Ed program at Olds told me, on the bus to the airport, that you don't actually have to pass the previous level to take the next level. You just can't submit your work for the higher level before you've passed. Is that not correct?

Laura Fry said...

I would have to double check the specifics with the college. You can register for the next before your homework is done, but as I understand it each level must be passed in order to pass the program and obtain the certificate.

Tracey said...

I am interested in the Level One course at the Gaelic College. Would I register through Olds College or the Gaelic College?

Laura Fry said...

I'm not sure which facility will be doing the registration for the Gaelic College program. Stay tuned here for an announcement when registration goes 'live' - or contact Janet Dawson at the Bobbin Tree in Sydney, NS and put yourself on the interest list. Last I heard they had nine already with a maximum of 12.