If I taught a workshop/seminars at ANWG '19 would you be interested?

Saturday, April 1, 2017

April Spools


Following in Meg's footsteps, it is April Spool's Day.

Since my surgery just over two years ago I have been spinning with more regularity.  Therefore today I share with you my spools of hand spun singles.  These have been made from a braid of Corriedale hand dyed by Birthe, blended with some yak/silk dyed by Lynne Anderson and a wee bit of Corriedale and green Firestar.  

I don't weave with these yarns.  They are, primarily, therapy.  I don't sell the shawls etc., I knit from my hand spun yarn but donate them to 'worthy' causes or gift them to friends.

So right now, if someone is looking for a donation from me, they are most likely to get something that I have knit from my hand spun yarn.  

Like many 'creative' people I seem to have a streak of obsessive/compulsive behaviour.  I don't know how long I will spin and knit, but for now?  I find spinning and knitting quite soothing and satisfying.  And I've been hanging out with some (mostly) much younger people during knitting drop in.
Nothing like dandling a new baby, talking with people in their 20's and 30's to keep me 'young' (and remind me exactly how old I really am!)

1 comment:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

I love the color of this yarn. That's going to be one gorgeous shawl!