Monday, May 27, 2019

Procrastination



I've been wading through conference data for the past few days and got started 'early' this morning.

It's time for a break.

Break time musings:

Do people realize how many surnames begin with the letter M?

Do people realize how much checking needs to be done to make sure every detail is as correct as can be made?  (Some do, and thank you for your expression of solidarity in dreaming Big Dreams!)

Do people realize it is just two weeks until people start arriving for the conference?

Am I ready?

Hell no!

However, I ought to finish generating the individual listings of workshop/seminars sometime tomorrow.  It's taking 30 minutes or so to process one page of registrants and about 5 hours of sifting left to do.  I am trying really hard to make accurate lists but everyone will be encouraged to check for accuracy when they get their goodie bags and make changes right away, if I've made mistakes.

I will check with Staples again to see if the envelopes I ordered to put the paper work in have arrived.  They keep sending me a survey to fill out based on that order - which I have not yet received, even though they said it was shipped ages ago.  :( 

I was going to print out the fashion show program today when I went to Staples, but got an email yesterday - someone's entry apparently fell between the cracks so I invited her to send her info.  Now I have to add her which means editing the file.  Again.

Instructors have helpfully updated their equipment requirements before I got too far along in gathering what everyone needs, so Mary will help with that when she arrives.  Some dear hunny dos will load everything up to deliver to the facilities.  I just need to find out where the heaps of stuff can be delivered, on the Tuesday.  If they can provide a room where we can deliver them, the teachers can go there and collect their equipment?  Note to self - follow up on that thought...

We discovered yesterday that the art gallery doesn't open until 10 am so the workshops and seminars there have to have their times changed.  Since they have pretty much the same open hours as the library, all of those will at least be consistent.  And it should not impact anyone's schedule because we left lots of time between seminars.

At some point I need to dig through my own store room to collect the stuff *I* need for the seminars I'm presenting.  Again, Mary can help with that.  If we can deliver to the hotel on the Tuesday, Doug can load everything up in the van before he loads the stuff for our vendor booth.

Yes, I'm juggling too many balls, trying to keep too many plates spinning...


Onwards...


No comments: