Monday, September 30, 2019

Nitty Gritty

I try not to post more than once a day and yet....here I am...

While Doug and his helper worked at the other end of the studio, I wove on the Fanny, thinking hard about where the heck I was going to put All The Stuff.  Next to me sat the Woolhouse Margaret, a loom that I, personally, haven't used in too many years to count.

Not that it isn't a good loom, for what it is - 24 shaft lever loom.  It's just that I haven't needed to use it in ages.  When I first got it, I actually used it quite a lot.  At the time I didn't have a small loom so the Margaret was something I could use to weave quick samples for the AVL or even do things beyond what I could do on the 16 shaft AVL.  And I did use it, quite a lot in fact, for everything from 2/40 linen through to rayon chenille.

One of the things I intended was for it to be my retirement loom.  But now?  Now I have the Megado and really if I want to keep weaving, which I do, I'd rather do it on the Megado.  With my whiplash injuries using the Margaret with its levers arrayed across the front even gets to be problematical.

So, as I sat weaving on the rayon chenille which only required surface attention, ruminating about where the heck I was going to put All That Stuff and the Woolhouse kept snagging the corner of my eye.

Finally I sighed and made the inevitable decision - it was time to sell it.

So.


24 shaft Woolhouse Margaret, comes with stand, WhichOne, and one 10 dent reed.

I do not want to be shipping this loom.  It's fairly large and awkward.  My preference would be for someone to come pick it up.  However, delivery could potentially - for a price - be arranged within a 500 mile driving radius of Prince George, BC.

If it has to be shipped, there will be an additional charge for crating and shipping to be paid.

If interested, email me laura at laurafry dot com

(I did have someone contact me several years ago expressing interest.  Unfortunately I've forgotten who that was.  Still interested?  Contact me asap.)

No comments: