Thursday, July 2, 2020

Rain, Rain...


pretty picture to brighten your day (stack of painted warp scarves)


This (ahem) summer has not been very nice so far.  We have been beset by rain and t-storms.  The rivers are rising, there is flooding in much of the province.

But.

We don't have wildfires, so that's a win, I guess.

In going through my stash of yarns, I feel like I'm in a marathon.  Just completely focused on one thing - weave the yarn down.  As mentioned in a previous post, I have three more warps in the queue with a fourth in development.  And still the 2/16 lingers!  Whole lotta yardage in 2/16 cotton...

OTOH, I am making progress.  I was thinking yesterday how nice it was to see 'holes' on the shelves, then suddenly remembered that the holes are there because I have three bins of yarn pulled for the warps in the queue!

The current warp has 5 towels woven on it with about 14 or so left to do.  Guess I'd better go do them.  Now that I've seen how this warp is going to look, I'd like to weave it off and get rid of some of the 'left over' yarn on tubes.   Too little to really want to put into a warp, too much to throw away.  Just right for popping into a shuttle and weaving it off.

Eating the 'elephant' one pick at a time.


No comments: