Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Last Zoom

 


Today was the last of the 'live lectures' I was scheduled to do for School of Sweet Georgia.

I had intended to pull more textiles to show, but I didn't have a lot of spoons last night when I was setting up the space, and there wasn't time when we got back from the hospital after the injection because I needed some lunch.  And then...it was show time!

I put these lectures together for my Olds students, expanded them to allow two other groups to participate, during Covid.  They were a way to encourage my Olds students - and anyone else who wanted to learn more - and given Covid restrictions and my own compromised immune system, it seemed like a good approach.  I had already done Power Point presentations for guild programs, Zoom actually didn't take all that long to figure out, and I had a You Tube channel, so the group lectures were posted to there (privately).

Now that more guilds are looking at possibilities, a few have contacted me to do presentations for them.  I have one coming up next week, in fact.  Need to dig out my file and remind myself of what we are doing.

As for my back, the injection today was diagnostic, to see if the SI joint was injured as well as the damaged disc.  So far it looks positive (as in positive for damage) but I have to keep a symptom diary today and tomorrow morning, the dr will review my 'homework', then we'll discuss what to do 'next'.  I am hopeful that if we can address the root cause of the pain, all the rest of the tagalong pains will be more manageable.

I have also discovered that the contact form on my website isn't working.  So, if a guild is trying to reach me to book for a Zoom presentation, best to email me laura at laurafry dot com

I'm hoping to get the contact form fixed soon but I need help with that.  In the meantime, if anyone is interested, go to my website to see all of the potential topics I can do.  Most are fairly easily cut back to one hour for a guild program (although I tend to go 'over' because they were designed to be 90-120 minutes), or for a two hour presentation.  Fees are listed on my website as well.

If anyone is interested, contact me via my email as listed above.


No comments: