Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Today is the Day!

 


Today is the day!  I don't remember when I put this warp into the loom, but the enforced hiatus, then reduced work capacity means that it has taken 'forever' to weave it off.  Well, not really, but it feels like forever.

I used up all of the red and wove the last towels in hunter green.  Overall, I'm pleased with them.  Based on previous designs, I'm pretty sure I will be happy enough with them once they are wet finished.  The trip through the washer/dryer/press doesn't change them radically, but they become less 'thready' to view, and of course, structural integrity increases as does the drape.  So I'm happy enough with them.

The next warp is ready to go.  I'm out of natural white so I bought some dark blue yarn.  Now I'm questioning if I bought the 'right' combination because I bought three different colours - an almost black navy blue, a 'marine' blue that is very close in value and hue, and...a mid-range value blue that may stick out like a sore thumb.  But I only bought exactly enough yarn to make a warp, so I have to go with it.  If it looks terrible I can order in more of the dark blues and leave the mid-range aside, but I won't know until I get it into the loom and weave with it.

I still have some of the forest green, a dark greenish tinged dark blue and a mid-range blue along with bits of other colours - white, mostly.  I was thinking of delft - using that white on the darker blue might look like Delft pottery.   I *think* the 3 blues will look ok with the darker value wefts, but I won't know for sure until it's done.

My goal for today is to finish the last bit of this warp, then I have to get set up for a Zoom presentation tomorrow, re-read the text for an 'article' to go with the sectional beaming class (launch via SOS in November), and get ready for the AGM tomorrow night.  

It will be a 'quiet' day and I don't actually have to leave the house, so hopefully I can get all of that done because deadlines are definitely looming.

Anyway, here is the next warp:




No comments: