Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Continuing Saga

 


We are supposed to be in 'winter' now but climate change is really beginning to show its teeth and today the snow that had fallen is mostly gone and the temp is hovering at zero C.  It's beginning to feel like a brown Xmas.  Of course, things could change quite rapidly, so we'll see.

But life goes on and as much as things change, they stay the same.  The same old issues with too many bills and not enough money, too much stress and not enough peace.  The world continues to burn - on so many levels.

And I continue to seek answers to my physical woes.

Yesterday the physiotherapist did a round of 'dry needling'.  This is not a new technique to me - I started a course of treatment in Dec. 2019, then had it abruptly cut short because covid arrived.  Yesterday she asked if I had an aversion to needles?  Nope.  Then she brought up dry needling and I agreed immediately because I had been improving the last time and I figured what the hell.  

It's not the sort of thing I would recommend to anyone who is squeamish or who can't take much pain because it is NOT a painless procedure.  I've had acupuncture and that is essentially painless.  Dry needling is not.

However, after one treatment I had better balance and felt more stable.  We'll see how it goes.  

What it does mean, however, is that I am on 'orders' to 'rest', so I'm trying to decide what I can do if I can't weave.  

There is that stack of hemmed towels that need their 'finishing' press.  I have to design at least one new threading draft to finish off the very dark blue warp yarns.  I received the new colours from Brassard and I'm pleased with my choices - I think they will make a nice combination and will shift more blue or more green depending on the weft colours I use.  There is also the guild room sale coming up so as soon as the BOGO offer on my ko-fi shop ends on Nov. 24, I will see what I have left, then re-price them to 'sell' at the sale.  Hopefully.  

I have way too much inventory - I can't just bring all of it - so I have to make some decisions as to what will go into the sale and what I can't reasonably sell there.  

And which is why I'm not feeling much pressure to get back to the weaving - because bob knows I have more than enough!  Too much, frankly.  

But the aforementioned bills keep coming and prices keep rising.  My ko-fi shop is 'loaded' right now but if you don't see a colour you like, chances are I have it - it just isn't listed there.  You can always email me and ask...

The holiday season is arriving - here is my annual reminder that if you buy from small makers, individual artisans, you could literally be making it possible for them to continue.

I will keep going - I have way too much yarn (plus the 16 pounds that just arrived) to stop now.  And I'm not bereft of ideas!  I already have one I'd like to try on the next warp - just need to open Fiberworks and crunch it out.

Links to my stuff:

ko-fi shop

books at blurb

School of Sweet Georgia classes

Handwoven classes

List of 'zoom' workshops/programs in case your guild wants to book something next year - still have available dates...

No comments: