Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Deep Purple Haze



Silly me - I miscounted how many warps there are (or are going to be - I still haven't finished winding them all) and there are only 18, not 20.  I'm actually happy about that.  I'd decided that, in the spirit of recovery, I would weave all of these warps before I tried something a little more, well, physical.  So having two less than expected was actually quite a nice discovery.

I saw the physio today.  She spent nearly an hour talking with me about the surgery and how healing has been going, then did an extensive evaluation of where I am right at this minute.  She was pretty amazed at my range of motion, to which I think the massage treatments should be given credit for how well I can move my arms.

She will draw up a personalized exercise program, then let me have at it for a couple of weeks after which I'll go back for a re-evaluation.

Heard from the cardiologist's office today and she is sending me for more tests and unless anything untoward pops up, I probably won't see her for three months.  So I'm really glad I went ahead with starting physio (after getting approval from my family dr).

I'm looking forward to working on upper body strength.  I've really noticed how difficult some things are, that never were before.  Obviously I've lost a lot of muscle tone.  But muscles that are worked get stronger.  You just have to curb your impatience...

2 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

So glad to hear you're healing well!!

Patience, Grasshopper, patience.

Sandra Rude said...

I'm glad to hear that your recovery is going well! Keep it up, and you'll be back to your usual level of activity soon.