Thursday, November 23, 2017

Black Friday






The above photos are four of the 8 tea towels/table centres currently listed on my on line shop with more to come next week.

I'd just like to remind people that prices include free shipping to the US and are listed in those tiny Canadian dollars.  Therefore a 'bargain'?

Interweave Press  is also having a huge sale.  It looks like my DVD on wet finishing is currently out of stock, but the video download is on deep discount as are both DVD and video download of The Efficient Weaver.  They even have the webinar on fibre characteristics on at half price.  Or did as of this morning when I last checked.

Since this year's craft fair season wasn't as...brilliant...as I would have liked, I am exploring other options for income.  Some independent authors/teachers are pursuing the Patreon option, but I'm not sure I can effectively manage that, especially in the run up to the conference in 2019.

So I am exploring the possibility of monetizing this blog.  

I have been offering free advice via this blog since August of 2008.  Adding pertinent advertisers will, I hope, be acceptable to my readers.  If not, I hope people will be able to ignore them.  

So - don't be surprised if you suddenly see ads appearing.  

I will do a trial of three (?) months and see if it is worthwhile.  Google says you can opt out again anytime.  Of course it probably means more robo calls from Google - the most annoying part of being a small business.  But I have finally decided to give it a try and see if it is acceptable to me and my readers. 

6 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Do what you need to do. As an independent businessperson, you need to change with the times and find income where you can. Good luck!

Carol said...

As Rhonda said, but hating ads as I do I would much rather subscribe to your blog and pay for your invaluable advice than see them. Just sayin'.

Laura Fry said...

I don't know how to make that happen. So I'm going to go with the ads. For now.

Doreen MacL said...

Ads are mostly annoying but if it helps you, go for it by all means! We all need to stay afloat ��

suzibee said...

Some people go the Patreon route where people pay per month. I don't know too much about it, but it works for some. Patrons get little perks. Just another idea to consider.

Unknown said...

Your blog is worth it. Reading back from the New Year, I already have valuable information and a book on hold at the library.