Thursday, April 22, 2021

Another Milestone

 


my double entry ledger, deposit book and chequebook from a couple of years ago.


No more bookkeeping.  I don't miss doing my accounts!  I truly don't miss it at all.  It was always a pain in the patootie, but necessary to make sure all the bills got paid, all the taxes due were paid.  Knowing where I stood financially was usually a spur to flail around and either book more teaching, submit another article to...somewhere...offer a sale on my stuff.  Try and generate more income.

Now?  I'm 'retired'.  My business is closed.  And I no longer have to keep track of my expenses.  Of course I don't have to actually buy much of anything either because I don't have to produce a line for a string of craft fairs, or for workshop warps.

Today we submitted our personal income tax, so that's one more thing taken care of.  I always like to get it done well before deadline.  Last year the deadline was extended, but we still took care of it as soon as we could.  This year has been extra confusing for accountants, keeping track of the taxable covid benefits and the non-taxable covid benefits.  Since we are both seniors, living on state pensions, I don't think anything we received (which wasn't much, but still helped) was taxable, but whatever.  It is still a relief to have it done.

After a storm overnight we are back to a blue sky sunny day.  I will walk again later this afternoon.  Progress can be measured in yards, not a greater length, but I will take every inch of progress over the back sliding I have been doing the past couple of years.

The second half of the warp is ready to go, but I have a Zoom booked for 1 pm, so I'm going to have lunch, then get set up for that.  If it is cancelled, I'll weave a towel, then go for my walk.  If the Zoom goes ahead, I'll walk after that, then weave one towel.  The next colour weft is beige.  I'm not sure if there is enough for four towels, although I think so.  There might even be enough for 5.  We'll see.  Anything left of the warp after that will be woven with white.  

the next warp is mid-value blues and there should be enough for 7 or 8 towels of the mid-value blue flake; the rest will be woven with white.  

And so I continue, weaving my way through my stash, one bite at a time...

No comments: