Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Derailed

 


I was doing quite well on the spinning stash busting front until things went pear shaped and I found myself stymied in moving forward until some things got dealt with.  In the end I bought a new e-spinner, but Doug still wanted to try and repair my old one, so I put away all my spinning stuff and left him to work on the device which meant the dining room table was covered in parts.

Which meant I couldn't begin making blending board 'worms' until the table got cleared off.

While that was going on, with all it's attendant frustrations (for both of us), I moved on.  There are still lots of things I need/want to do and so I carried on doing them.

I continued weaving, blogging, working on the Power Point presentations, answered emailed questions from weavers, watched the pandemic take off again, posted encouraging things to people to continue to follow covid protocols and not lose hope that we would soon have vaccines.

We reached an impasse on the e-spinner repair but finally managed to connect with someone who is has a small home business to repair them, a last consult with him and now we are waiting on one more part which should hopefully bring the device back into operation.

While waiting for that part to arrive - sometime this week, maybe, perhaps next - Doug cleared the table off of bits and pieces of e-spinner and I dug out my blending board, small bins that are the perfect size for holding the 'worms' and some fibre.

And stalled.

I'm still dealing with watering eyes, sinus congestion and chronic pain, although the pain is less, thankfully.  But by the time I've eaten dinner I'm finding it hard to do much else.  So I'm thinking I might start working on worms during the day on my mid-afternoon weaving break.

Yesterday I took my first walk in nearly a year.  Even though my neighbourhood is small and everyone seems to be following physical distancing guidelines, I wore a mask.  Not because I was worried about covid, but because I'm allergic to dust and pollen, and there is enough of that in the air that I'm hoping a mask will help keep my allergies from kicking in and making things worse for me.   So even when we are done with covid protocols, you might very well see me continuing to wear a mask to protect myself against other things that are a 'danger' to me and my immune system.  I've quite enjoyed NOT catching a cold or the flu this year.  

Yesterday I managed to beam the next warp and it is ready to thread.  I should be able to do that today and quite possibly sley and tie on.  And who knows, maybe even get back on track with the spinning.

No comments: