Sunday, January 5, 2014

Fibre Week at Olds College (Alberta)



Still trying to get everything done that needs to be done before I leave on Thursday.

One of the things I finally got round to was bringing the Schedule page on my website up to date.  While doing this I checked the Olds College Website and discovered that it's really truly official.  I'm slated to teach the Master Weaver 2nd level class in June.

There are a few more details I need to clarify, but essentially everything from now to the end of June is listed on my website.

I have also had a few inquiries for 2015 with some dates penciled in.  As I confirm events I will try to remember to list those.

Wound 7 warps to be dyed.  Had a few issues with winding the first warp too long, then knots that had to be cut out, so ran out of yarn.  I'd intended to have 8 warps, but oh well.  That's life.

Hoping to hear back from two people tomorrow so I can wrap up those items of concern, then find a hairdresser to give me a hair cut.  Mine isn't able to fit me in before I leave and I simply cannot face dealing with my shaggy hair on the trip.

In an effort to begin as I mean to go on, I sorted through about half the rubble on my desk.  There is still a pile of paper to go through, plus the pile on the computer desk, but I can actually see desk surface.  Win!  As for the rest of the house, well, that looks like it's going to have to wait until I get home.  My suitcase is open on the lr floor, the box of warps ready to go, several bins worth of Handwoven magazines I'll offer for sale at Fibres West in March, and various and sundry other things that will either go on the trip or are slated for March to be dealt with.

I am fed up with clutter everywhere.  I really want a house that is a lot more tidy than it generally is.  But it's going to take effort on both our parts to get it there.  Sounds like a plan for the coming year.

1 comment:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Congratulations on teaching the Master 2 class! I'm sure you're relieved to have it finalized and 'officially' public. Safe travels!