Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hurt

 

I once worked with a gal born and raised in Newfoundland.  She had many phrases that were uniquely found on The Rock, one of which tickled my fancy.  When I mentioned a local department store was having a shoe sale, she said she couldn't go because none of her shoes were 'hurt'.  

Last November a customer brought me this scarf which she had purchased and worn until it was 'hurt'.  She said it was her very favourite scarf and could I make another?

I told her I couldn't get the same yarns but I could make something similar.  

This project has finally risen to the top of my job list so I just analyzed it and will set about trying to make a scarf for the customer to wear until it, too, is 'hurt'.  

Currently reading Kicking and Dreaming, a memoir by Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart 

1 comment:

Jessica Madsen said...

I'm glad that you weren't the one that was hurt! The scarf photo looked a lot like an Ace bandage and I thought you had turned an ankle!

My folks lived in Alabama, US for a while and had to learn a lot of new phrases. The strangest one was to "carry someone"..which meant to provide vehicular transportation, aka. give them a ride.

Best wishes for the scarf project!
Jessica