Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Tortoise/Hare


There is a meme I've seen on Facebook that says something to the effect that so far 'your ability to survive a bad day is 100%'

Or words to that effect.

Today is a difficult day.  For a number of reasons.  We all have them.  Some have them more frequently than others.  Some have worse days than others. 

There is an old proverb that says that if everyone gathered in a circle and tossed their problems into the middle and were allowed to select one to take out?  We would reach for the one we threw in.  The devil you know, and all that...

So it is with me at the minute.  I am so tired of the business shut down.  The moving out of the annex.  The constant snow globing of the studio.

Late last night Doug put the last shelving unit back to together.  When he asked where it would go, my response was...an expression of frustration.  I am tired of making decisions.  Tired of tweaking.  Tired.

I want it done, and I want it done now.

Well, obviously that isn't going to happen.  Things will take place in their time.  Next week is the appointment with my accountant, which should clarify a few things and let me know how to properly shut down business tax reporting accounts.  That will be a big step towards closure.

Doug is doing prep work on the steam press disassembly but the potential buyer wants to help take the system apart so he is leaving the actual press and working on the electrical and venting, leaving the press until we find out more about the purchase.  And then the weather.  We have had snow storms, dumping large amounts of snow on the mountain slopes and today the highways are closed as they do avalanche mitigation.  So even if they were prepared to come, the roads are closed.

Next week the temps are supposed to drop to 'normal' winter temps.  IOW minus 20C.  That means the road conditions should improve, but the cold will make things more difficult.

So while I would love to race to the finish like the hare, I will have to make like the tortoise and keep plodding.

At least there is no snow here today.  A welcome respite which will allow road crews to clear pathways. 

This too shall pass...


No comments: