Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Experiment Time

 


Well, it's done.  I'm still not exactly tech savvy, so I hope I've done it correctly.

This is the fourth 'book' I've written.  (Well, I've done one other, which may never see light of day.)

It is the most personal, and I share more of my life's journey than ever before.  This book looks at how choosing to be a professional/production weaver has shaped my life.  It chronicles some of the challenges and how I approached them.

So, I've uploaded the file to ko-fi, in part because ko-fi doesn't take a share of the sales price (just Paypal fees, but I have to pay those as well as blurb's fees for my other books).   It is *only* available as a pdf to keep the price as low as possible.

Since I figure there will not be a whole lot of people interested in knowing more about my life, I wanted to keep the selling price low, in part because those most interested are likely also trying to earn an income from making things and probably don't have a very large budget.  So, ko-fi says a cup of "coffee"  is worth $3.  This approximately 200 page 'book' should give you several hours of reading, and a lifetime's worth of my journey plus the lessons I learned along the way.  The final chapter is probably worth $12 (or 4 coffees) all by itself.

If uploading the file to ko-fi doesn't work, I can always email a dropbox link directly to you.

In my bones I suspect this will be the 'last' 'book' I write.  OTOH, I said that after Magic in the Water, and yet, here I am...

Ultimately, this publication is a kind of love song to weaving - and weavers.  Surrounding myself with so many talented (mostly) female (and male) people has given me a gift I had no idea was waiting for me when I made that fateful decision, just about exactly 49 years ago.

While I may regret some of the things that have happened in those 49 years, I do not regret making that decision.  There are things I would, upon hindsight reflection, do differently.  But that core decision?  I have no regrets at all.  My life has been far richer and I've met more talented people than I ever had any right to expect, growing up in a small 'northern' town in central British Columbia.  I have travelled to places I never expected to go, met people I had no right to think I would get to know.  Explored more, learned more than I ever anticipated.

And here's the thing.  The learning continues.  And more people enter my life, even if for a moment, just because I made that decision.  

So, if you go to ko-fi and purchase A Thread Runs Through It and have any problems at all, let me know.  I can email a Dropbox link to you directly if the ko-fi link doesn't work (because I'm not great at the technology!)  But hopefully it really is as simple as ko-fi makes it look!

Happy Valentine's day.  Sending love and light to you all...

2 comments:

amyfibre said...

Oh hurray! Perfect timing. I'm leaving on a long trip on Sunday, and this will be a nice book to take along for the ride.

Ko-fi purchase and download went perfectly smoothly!!

Laura Fry said...

Whew! Old dog can learn new tricks!!!!! :D
Laura