Thursday, February 1, 2024

Valentine's Day

 



I designed these little hearts late in 2007 and used them in a number of ways.  The cloth shown (still on the loom) was for tea towels; rose cotton warp with a fine rose slub for weft.  

My internist received a pair of these towels (the first time I gifted my textiles to a health care provider) after I had stents installed in my heart May 9, 2008.  I had been so sick without knowing why, and because he had believed me and ordered the MIBI stress test, effectively saved my life.

Since then, I have gone on weaving, teaching, and...writing.

My latest effort is a memoir, and in a way I feel it is a love song to weaving, to the life I have lived.  Especially since 2008, when I nearly left, following close on the heels of my younger brother.

So, my next book will officially launch on Feb. 14, 2024.  This one will not be on the Blurb website, but will be pdf only and sold via my ko-fi shop.

However, this morning I opened my email to discover that Blurb is offering a two day discount of 15% with the code FEBFLASH on Feb. 2 and 3, 2024.

If you are interested in one (or all?) of my books, now would be a really good time to purchase.  

As for ko-fi, I've just caught up on all the finishing pressing and hope to get photos of the newest towels listed fairly soon.  However, there are lots of towels there now.  Just saying...

No comments: