Saturday, June 22, 2024

Moderation

 


If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Last autumn I began to be 'harassed' by an anonymous...person...posting comments on this blog urging me to 'DIE DIE DIE', repeated endlessly.  When I got the first one I was shocked.  I mean, what had I ever done to this person to want to wish death upon me?

I thought about how easy it is for humans to harass others in this day of the internet.  In the 'olden' days it might be a threatening phone call, nasty words whispered over the line, accusations, insinuations, especially chilling when they used my name.  I had no idea why that person, then, had mounted a harassment campaign against me, but eventually they got bored and gave up or moved on to someone else.

But now, 40+ years later we have the internet and anyone, anywhere, can poke their nose into your business on line and be nasty.

So, I know making comments moderated is a bit of a pain for the majority who wish me no ill whatsoever, but I don't want that garbage to spill out into anyone else's day so while I love getting your comments, please understand why I continue to moderate comments before allowing them to be posted.

I don't know if the person doing this actually reads my blog or just jumps into the comments to type in their command for me to die, but I will continue to post.  I will continue to help others.  I will continue to share my experience, in both weaving and in life, here.

I am not unaware of the current political situation.  But I will continue to live as I always have done.  And when I die it will be up to someone other than that person who must be living a truly awful life if the best thing they can do with their time is wish death upon a stranger.  


No comments: