Thursday, June 6, 2024

Singing My Song

 


Saw a post on social media the other day where 'artists' were told that they need to be their own marketing team on top of everything else.  

As if we have time to spare for self-promotion.

Well, some of us make a point of doing it, even when we really don't like tooting our own horns, so to speak.

But if you think of 'marketing' as simply 'sharing' what you do, well, sometime that helps get over the aversion to doing the thing.

Since I've been doing some in-depth articles for publication for the past few weeks, I thought about the books I've written/published.  Time to share them again, I guess.

I've always loved words and stories and I love weaving, so writing Stories from the Matrix was kind of 'easy' for me.  It only took about 6 months to write (mainly because I had a great alpha reader who helped me clarify what I meant to say and at times offered suggestions to help make my words make better sense to others.)

Magic in the Water and The Intentional Weaver each took - quite literally - years, and lots of money to get out 'there'.

The one thing about the internet is that a number of sites offer print on demand options, and that was the road I chose.  It allowed me to have full control over my content.  I had editors who also knew something about weaving, so I didn't have to explain terms or even some processes in order to have them edit the books in the way I wanted them done.

All three of those books are available here

My bio is available in my ko-fi shop, digital pdf only (to keep the price as low as possible).  Weave a V is also in my ko-fi shop if anyone is interested.  Plus tea towels.  Got lots of tea towels.  

And of course, the classes at Long Thread Media and School of Sweet Georgia.

We have been having rain the past couple of weeks.  Unfortunately that rain usually comes with lightning.  So far I haven't heard of any serious wildfire threats near us.  Still a couple of bad ones further north.  But if we can keep getting some rain, this summer should not be as horrendous as last year.  Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I have more topics to research, weave samples for, and write up.  Time to get to the studio and start working on my to-be-done list.

No comments: