Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fibres West



Yesterday the postcards arrived for Fibres West being held in Abbotsford, BC March 26/27.

This is the show I'm getting ready to do, introducing myself for the first time as an Ashford and Ashland Bay dealer.

http://fibreswest.com

There are classes in various textile media and a nice vendor hall.

Started packaging the merino/silk fibre yesterday and hope to finish that off today along with stripping the AVL down for the next tea towel warp, finishing scarf #3 on the Fanny and maybe even weaving #4. But since I also have a massage booked this afternoon, we'll see how that goes.

Also started spinning a sample of the merino silk last night - it's very nice stuff! :D

I've been plagued with muscle spasms in my lower back and groin for the past 10 days. So far it hasn't interfered with actual weaving, but standing for any length of time is - a problem. I'm grateful Doug will be with me at the show so that I don't have to face setting up, standing for two long days and then tearing down again all by myself. Not to mention the 8 hour drive each way.

The Olympics will be long over by the end of March so I'm hoping to see lots of people at the event. Bring something to show and share when you come and say hello. I'd love to see what you're working on.

No comments: