Saturday, February 15, 2014

Phase of the Moon?



Today was a lovely sunny day and I ought to have been filled with energy.  Not so much.  I don't know why I struggled to stay focused and get this warp ready to weave on, today, but I did.  I kept thinking of things I ought to be checking on the internet - excuses, all excuses to not stay at the loom and finish threading this warp.

I blame the phase of the moon.  Whatever phase it is.

In the end I did finally very late in the afternoon, manage to tie myself to the loom, finish threading, sley and tie on.  The header is woven.  All I need to do after dinner is wind some bobbins and start weaving.

The blue warp is being wound and there appears to be just enough of the red to do one more red towel warp and once those are done, I am done with this series.  At least I hope I am.  There are 20 plus boxes of yarn from Lynn's stash.  I may discover another cone or two of this cotton flake still packed away!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Phase of the moon. Time of the year. I'm feeling just as restless and unfocused. I think once I get this latest manuscript out of my hair and back to the client, I'll be more settled.

Laura Fry said...

Phase of the moon, February blahs. Looking forward to spring!
cheers,
Laura