Saturday, April 18, 2015

#TBT

It's not actually Thursday, but here's a throwback...


click on the photo to biggify...


The photos were taken at a conference in Victoria BC.  When I was paging through the album - one of several I sorted through this morning at the guild room - I thought it was an ANWG conference, but now I'm thinking it was Victoria guild's 50th celebration or something.  If anyone remembers, it would be fun to put a date to the photo.

Anyway, sometime in the 80's near as I can recall.  After all, I was obviously much younger, thinner and...a brunette...which I haven't been for a very long time.

The garments were woven from Treenway's silk, 2/60.  The butterfly jacket also had turquoise mylar as weft.  The dress had mylar in one inch stripes.  The top also had some mylar in it.  Not a lot, mostly just on the edge of the cloth that became the neck/shoulder part.

I sewed all the garments myself.  I'm not a great seamstress, though and it's not my favourite thing to be doing.  I'd much rather be weaving!  The dress was a bit of a challenge because I sewed one inch pleats for the bodice which then opened up into the skirt.  The dry cleaning bill about killed the household budget every time I wore it.  Now it doesn't fit anymore, so it languishes in the back of my closet.  One of these days I will recycle it - or give it to someone else to recyle.  It's mostly silk, after all.

No comments: