There is a meme on Facebook that says that a master has failed more than the student has tried.
Photographic proof that I am batting 1000 in terms of making mistakes setting up the AVL!
Since I beam sectionally (most times) on the AVL, I rarely have precisely the number of ends that I need. Quite often there are a few dangling off the back of the loom. When I finished threading yesterday morning, however, there were rather more than I usually have so I was suspicious I'd made another threading error.
This time it was more annoying than just forgetting one end. This time I'd left out eight!
Heaving a sigh, I started tying repair heddles on the shafts where they were needed, wound 8 pirns about half full and threaded them into the repair heddles.
Then under the sectional beam tension box rail and up over the rod in the ceiling (installed for just this purpose many moons ago) and left to hang down near the floor.
From the last warp I know I can't quite get two full towels without dropping the pirns to the floor again so that will be my routine for the 40 yards of this warp. Weave a towel, drop the pirns, weave another towel, drop the pirns...
Currently reading A Slip of the Keyboard (collected non-fiction) by Terry Pratchett