Thursday, January 21, 2021

One and Two and Three and...More!

 


A few years ago, when the page view count surpassed one million, someone suggested I should give out a prize.  Well, I hadn't thought about it, but now?  

Now the page view count is nearing *two* million and I've been thinking that it would be nice to have some sort of contest or something.  Yes, with a prize.  

But it took me a while to come up with an idea.

No I can't give out a prize to everyone who reads the blog.  I could make a draw from the list of subscribers, but so many more people read my blog than just those who are subscribed.  What to do?  What to do?

Tonight when I saw that the number was less than 25,000 away from that magical number I thought that maybe I could do a pool, of sorts.  Have people predict the day the number would roll over, and whoever came closest, I would mail them a tea towel.  (Lord knows I have lots!)

The easiest way for me to deal with keeping track would be to just have people make a comment to this post.  One guess/prediction per person.  Include a time - that way if more than one person wants the same day, they can specify the time and I can see which one came closest?

The page view count increased this year, in part because I was posting daily (nearly) from March on.  And it doesn't look like I'm going to stop any time soon,  

I will add that the page per view count changes at 4 pm, so that number you can see for today?  Is only from 4 pm until 10 pm or so.

Anyway, play along if you like.

8 comments:

Leta said...

This is a fun surprise! Just because it will be my birthday, I am guessing January 25, 4:00 pm. Thank you for doing this! Leta

Juli S said...

It's like how many jellybeans are in the jar! January 29th at 7PM

3looms said...

Jan 24, 10 am.

Fingers crossed!

DonnaC said...

Congratulations on your readership! We have learned so much from your blog. Thank you.

Doreen MacL said...

Feb 1 at six pm, I have read and appreciated your blog for years. Onward!

Laurie said...

February 27th at 1pm

Anonymous said...

February 25, 3pm

Laura Fry said...

It looks like Laurie is the closest. Email me laura at laurafry dot com