Friday, January 15, 2021

Poised

 


I had a morning appointment and planned to tackle a few of the 'minor' tasks on my job list this afternoon.  And yet, here I sit...

As I look around my house, I see so many things I was going to do when I could get a round tuit.  Well I have one, it's sitting right here on my desk.  And yet...

Doug has taken my e-spinner apart.  It has been behaving inconsistently, not holding a steady rpms, which is making spinning more challenging (and frustrating) than it should be.  So he is trying to source a new speed controller and checking the wiring for a reason for the irregularity.

So my goal to spin every evening is on hold.  But the table is also cluttered with the spinner bits and my spinning stuff, so I can't use the table for anything else, either, until the situation is resolved.

I do have skeins that need wet finishing, so I intend to do that yet today.

There is a pile of papers that need to be sorted through in preparation for phoning my accountant.

There is the dribs of hemming to be done.  I did manage two of the towels last night.

There is a new warp on the Leclerc, ready and waiting for me to throw the shuttle.

There are photos to be taken and loaded to my shop on ko-fi.  But first I have to devise an inventory system so I know exactly which towels someone wants to buy.   Without resorting to scrolling through previous blog posts or ko-fi posts.

There is a power point presentation to develop - for two separate but closely related topics.  So I want to make sure the presentation is appropriate for both.  But it also means a whole lot of picture taking.  And thinking.  About how to order the info and what visual aids I need to make my points.

There is the Sunday Seminar - need to touch base with Abby.  But she is a busy person and a continent away (north/south).

The guild executive asked if I would expand the Seminar Series, so that is simmering at the back of my mind, too.

Being 'retired' from running my business does not mean that I stop wanting to do things.  *Needing* to do things.

There is still too much fibre and yarn in my studio.  Too much woven inventory that needs new homes.

There are too many books I want to read, but my eyes water all the time - possibly due to the developing cataracts, or who knows why.  

And I distract myself by reading stuff on line.  Because I can biggify my ipad so I can see it more easily.

I think about all the things there are to do, and that's me on the left side of the diagram.  Sitting on my bike, looking out over the course.  And I remain poised.  Not doing the course, just...poised.

Time to go do something.  Choose one.  Any one.  Just go do it.  

"Do or do not.  There is no try."

Yes, yes, thank you Yoda.  (grasps round tuit in hand and walks away from the computer...)



3 comments:

lyna said...

Everyone needs a round tuit, maybe with extras in the storeroom. Mine is printed on a wooden disk. But it is hiding in the pen and pencil drawer among the surplus markers. Would a cast iron model be more effective? "Get moving or I'll land on your toe!"
Wishful thinking is not working, darn it!

Laura Fry said...

It is cast iron. Because I need the iron resolve to go do stuff, apparently...

Louisa said...

As long as the important stuff gets done, who cares? My excuse and I’m sticking to it! So have you explored your local library’s digital books? I haven’t read an actual printed book in several years! I love the Libby app so much. My MIL who is going blind can only read on her iPad now and we make the text large for her. Also saves a bunch of money not buying pocket books and then finding somewhere to to get rid of them. Alternatively you can buy digital books online. And no, I don’t miss the printed book!