Sunday, January 24, 2021

Study Group

 



Ok, so there was enough interest in a study group that I have gone ahead and formed a group on Facebook.  It is hidden because I want to keep the group smaller and focused on the principles of the craft.  I want people with at least some background knowledge so that they can build on what they know.  Or newer but interested in more than just recipes.   People who want to take a deep dive into the craft.  This group is not meant to be a 'how to learn to weave' group, but 'how to weave better' group.  If you are a newer weaver but this approach rings your bells, message me and we can talk more about what I expect, and what I hope to offer.

As mentioned previously, it will be hosted through Facebook so if you are interested, send me a friend request (if we aren't already) so I can add you.  (A direct message would be good so I know that you want to join.)  Once we are friends, I will send you an invite to the group.  Once you accept that invite, you're in.

I will post resources and some 'things to think about' from time to time, but the serious content will be in once monthly Zoom meetings.  The link to the Zoom meetings will be posted under the Events tab of the group.  After the meeting, which I will record, render and upload to You Tube, the link for that will be posted in the FB group as well.  The You Tube videos will not be public but unlisted and only found by using the link.

This group is not meant to go on forever but may last around 10 to 12 months (Zoom meetings)

I have started an introductions thread.  As you join, please introduce yourself to the group.  

Any questions?  Email me.  laura@laurafry.com


No comments: