Friday, October 13, 2023

73 Days

 


This was Oct. 29 a few years ago.

It may also be *this* Oct. 29 - although it doesn't look much like it.  We still haven't had first frost here at the house, although higher elevations have.

However, the pages on the calendar keep ripping off and today?  Today is 73 days until Christmas.

Too soon, too soon!  I hear you cry.  Well, yes, but if you need to mail parcels overseas, it's not, actually, too soon to be getting those into the mail!

So much of our lives now revolve around ordering things online, and I am not innocent of this.  I do try to NOT order a lot of stuff because of the 'cost' of shipping stuff all over the place.  But here I am with an online 'store' and offering my handweaving for sale.

So...awkwardness ensues...

I am also not independently wealthy, I have bills to pay, obligations to honour.  As such, I remind you of my ko-fi store, which is well stocked with tea towels.

Why tea towels?  Why not?  Plus I make my tea towels larger than most commercially available ones.  I figure most people drying dishes these days are drying pots and pans, so larger is 'better'.  

While I also have scarves, I find it difficult to get good photos (what can I say, I'm not a photographer) and it's just easier to keep those for the local sales outlets where people can handle them and see them as they are.  90% of purchasing a scarf is based on how it feels, and right now the technology can't address that!

However, tea towels are pretty generic and pretty much everyone can use them.  

As for the shipping thing, I do drop ship to a different address.  I've done this several times.  I will include a card with the name of the person giving them in order to personalize the purchase/gift.

My books are still available at blurb and I do still have two copies of Stories from the Matrix that I can sign listed on ko-fi.  Once those are gone, they will only be available (unsigned) from blurb.

And there are still three signed copies of The Intentional Weaver at Sweet Georgia Yarns

At any rate, if you see something you like in my ko-fi store, want it drop shipped to some other place, let me know.  I can do that.



No comments: