Friday, October 6, 2023

Little by Little

 

Once again, I have made plans.  Careful plans.  The way I do, because for my entire life I have had to be extremely careful about expenditures.

So we thought carefully, decided that really we did *need* to replace the furnace, and - given current goings on  - changing to a heat pump with natural gas backup was the 'best' way for us to proceed.

It was more expensive than replacing the furnace with another natural gas furnace, and we carefully counted out our resources.  Given we had also committed to purchasing a hybrid vehicle and are in line for a 2024, this was stretching our resources very thin.

And then.  

And then.

The van needed a brake job.  The kitchen window had one too many bird strikes and the seal is now broken, and needs to be replaced.

We both needed new boots.

Yesterday the keyboard on the desktop gave up the ghost.

Given I do a lot of work on the desktop, we scrounged around, found an old one and I was all set to make do - until the London Drugs flyer mentioned they had a 'gaming' keyboard on sale for not much more than the really cheap keyboards I had been buying.

So now I have a 'fancee' keyboard with lighted keys.

However, I also like the 'action' of the keys - the old replacement keyboard had a very spongy feel to them, plus the enter key was in the 'wrong' place and I was making typos every time I used the enter key.  Which is a lot.

Big expenses are not actually over because the house insurance needs to be renewed early in November.

So I am HOPEFUL that the injection I just got will do the trick and that I will be able to work with less pain and more energy.  I am HOPEFUL that the new meds will deal with the peripheral neuropathy, and that instead of hobbling around I will actually be able to function without thinking every step through before I take it.

My inner 30 something is chaffing at the delay, but all the advice is to - rest.  Light duties only.  Don't sit too long and seize up.  Don't overdo, or the injection will not work as it is supposed to do.

We have a brilliantly sunny day today.  The fall foliage is stunning.  I have a jigsaw puzzle, a book, new drafts to design.

My plans for the day are to chair hop, but not do 'too much' while not doing 'nothing'.

Told my massage therapist yesterday it feels like trying to find my balance on a teeter board.  

Anyway, if you want to buy some tea towels, or books...

Ko-fi shop

Books

Classes at SOS

No comments: