Friday, October 27, 2023

Launch Date

 


Got word today that the Sectional Beaming class will launch on Nov. 9, 2023.

This class is for people who are beyond beginner level, and want to up their game, maybe beam longer warps, do some 'production' weaving, maybe weave yardage or towels for everyone in the family for Christmas, or play around with what is possible.  I give hints and tips for how I approach designing, and give information for Sister Towels that were woven on the demonstration warp Felicia and I wound onto the loom for the class.  I discuss some pitfalls and trouble shooting issues, but mostly I hope to let people see the possibilities for designing, yes, even on a long warp, and not necessarily wind up with identical items (although I have no trouble weaving lots of the 'same' thing!)

Details are given for the demonstration warp, and I wrote a lengthy 'article' to further explain the technique.

For anyone interested, use the link for School of Sweet Georgia here...  If you sign up on Nov. 1, you will have access to all four of my classes, plus all the rest of the classes SOS has, not just weaving, but spinning, knitting, dyeing, etc. for a full month - or a year if you decide there is more you want to explore.  Then introduce yourself and join in the discussion.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fascinating. I'm sure anyone who is able to take the class(es) will be delighted.
StephanieW