Monday, April 15, 2024

eBay Books

 


I have just finished listing the next books for the guild auction, including this one by Allen Fannin.  It is the first edition of the book and there are 3 copies.  The new listings should appear in a few hours.

One copy was Allison's personal copy, and as I was examining the book prior to writing the description, I discovered a letter from Allen Fannin to Allison tucked into the back of the book.  

Allen rarely if ever signed his books.  He said that if his signature on a book added value to it, he only wanted to do it for those people who had helped him produce the book.  So to find anything with his personal signature is uncommon.  I will keep that letter with her personal copy, which is what I have listed on eBay.

The other two books were likely leftover inventory when Allison closed her yarn shop and all three copies are in good condition with minor wear and tear to the dust jackets.

eBay doesn't appear to allow multiple copies to be listed, so I will see about selling the other two when the auction is over, if anyone wants a copy.

Frankly, my copy of Handloom Weaving Technology is one of the books I have kept and will hang onto for a long time.  I suspect that it will still be in my library when I shuffle off this mortal coil.  :D

I have purged my library several times, once because I desperately needed the money and I had reference/resources that I really wasn't using but I knew were desirable.  Once because my library had grown to such an extent that it didn't all fit on the shelves dedicated to my collection of books.  (Plus I needed some money - again.  Something about starving artists...)

When I spoke to another 'elder' and mentioned I was doing the auction, she confessed that after her purge a few years ago she couldn't bear to get rid of any more of her books.  I told her I understood completely, giving my library shelves the side-eye.

Stay tuned over the coming week for more books to be added to the auction.

No comments: