Sunday, April 7, 2024

eBay, oh eBay

 


one of the lace books I listed today

Well, I am *really* glad I did a 'practice' auction on eBay!

The last time I did an auction was 10 years ago, and of course...things had changed.

I had intended to share a link to all my listings so that the guild weaving books would be easy to find, but that was not particularly easy to discover.

However with the assistance of a guild member who has a better grasp of how software programs work than I do, she was able to figure out how to find my 'page' and take a look at my listings.

After uploading the 10 lace books I wanted to sell, I now have a much better grasp of what I need to do to prepare myself in order to make the guild listings go more easily.  (I hope!)

A number of the guild books have sold and instead of +100 books, there are now fewer than 70.  With another 10 days to run of the pre-sale for guild members, that number may go down some more.  I may also withdraw some of them from the auction as I was unsure if they would sell, or for so little money it would not be worth anyone's time (mine) to bother with them.  

I still have a few more administrivia things to deal with, but I'm tired and I've wrestled enough with computers and software programs and websites that aren't particularly intuitive enough for one day, so I will just share a link to 'my' page in case anyone wants to 'follow' me to find me more easily once I begin launching the guild books in a couple of weeks.

Just a reminder - prices are in Canadian dollars.  The lowest rate I can get to ship a parcel is $22 (and that doesn't even quite cover it), but if anyone is interested in more than one book I'm willing to hold off shipping until the guild auction is done or I'm told someone is done.  

I will be listing 10 books a day and the auctions will run for 7 days.  There are a number of payment options and eBay now processes all payments.  This may - or may not - make my life a bit simpler.  Time will tell...

No comments: