Sunday, April 7, 2024

Girding My Loins

 


It's been about 10 years since I've run an eBay auction, and facing nearly 100 books for the guild I thought maybe I ought to test the site out so that I've done my 'training' before I begin on those.

Since I had some lace books I wanted to sell (duplicates, or I'm just not that interested) I collected the books I'd inherited, sorted through my own, and yesterday spent some time searching to see how they might be priced.

The list was published here yesterday and I did sell a few of the books for the upset price, but now I need to gird my loins, collect my spoons and start dealing with eBay.  As I recall, it's not terribly difficult, but it's...picky.  Which is partly why I'm only going to list 10 weaving titles at a time.  Plus, I don't want to face shipping ALL of the books at once.  Spacing them out over a couple of weeks makes a lot more sense to me.

I also need to begin beaming the next warp, but I did some loom maintenance yesterday, and my back is...well...angry would be an appropriate word.  So doing some administrivia setting up an eBay auction seems like a good idea.  Instead of beaming the entire warp in one day, I'll space it out over two days, see if that helps.

This constant reduction in my ability to do stuff is...aggravating, frustrating, annoying, depressing.

But, on the whole there has been improvement since 6 months ago.  I just need to learn my limits and try not to exceed them.

Because I still have way too much yarn, and way too many ideas I would like to see come into material form (pun intended).

We have a nice sunny day today, which would be lovely except we are still in a state of drought.  The forecast says rain tomorrow and Tuesday, so let's hope they are correct this time.

Anyway, I'm off to tackle eBay.  Wish me luck!

No comments: