Friday, August 16, 2024

Clean Up Time

 


some magazines in which I have articles

Writing several articles on various topics over the past 2.5 months means I've pulled a lot of resources out and now need to put them away again.  As part of my dive into my library, I had a stack of Handwoven Magazines that also needed putting away.  This morning I sorted through the pile and pulled out the ones that had articles I'd written in them and set the rest aside.  I may offer them for sale.  We have some new weavers who may want to beef up their libraries.  Or not.

I'm letting the current article 'rest' for a few days so that I can have some perspective on the text.  I've already read through it several times, plus had a friend alpha read and catch more grammar oopsies.

Yesterday I got the contract to write another article.  The due date is December, but I'm not going to wait very long before I start on that.  It's short (400 words) so I'm going to have to be really concise and clear in what I write.  Plus I've stuck my hand up to write a 4th.  

We continue to have a smoke pall over us.  It's 'better' this morning after some rain, but still not great.  I have zero plans or incentive to leave the house.  I have library books to be picked up but Doug will likely do that for me since he has to be out and about today.  

It's halfway through August and frankly I'm ok with autumn arriving whenever it does.  I rather suspect that this winter will be a repeat of last - zombie fires that sustain themselves over the winter and spring back into life when the warmer weather comes.  At least we are below 400 fires now, but still...

We are truly well into the 'find out' part of climate change.  Weaving may become a survival skill again?

No comments: