Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Evolution of an Article

 


Welp, here it is, more or less.

I wove the samples, wet finished them, tagged them for easy identification, analyzed them, wrote up my notes and conclusions, including my resource materials.  I sent the text file to a friend who I trust to run an analytical eye over what I've written and make sure I'm making sense, then applied their corrections, finding yet more things I needed to hone.  Today I went through the samples one by one (each group of them) and wrote up my observations and analysis.  Since I referenced beyond the remit of the contract (because I wanted to follow the thread further), I added some other samples from my teaching kit(s) as examples of where the road might lead others.

Now I'll let the text sit for a few days so that I can come back to it with fresh eyes (and brain) and if I don't find anything else to include or change, I'll send the text file to the editor and see what her feedback is.  If she wants more, there is plenty of time to do more.  If she's satisfied, I'll box up that heap of cloth and send it to the photographer.

All in all, I have spent the better part of two months either thinking about, or weaving samples for this article.  Fortunately I was able to double dip, so to speak, and some of the samples for article one were done on the same warps as some of the samples for this article.

I've agreed to write another article but for that one I need to get a volunteer to help.  Since the weather has been so...unco-operative...I haven't felt much like starting on that one.  Yet.  

Plus the smoke pall has continued for almost a week and there is no end in sight.  My allergies are kicking the snot out of me (literally) and increased inflammation from allergy responses are also taking a toll on the rest of my body.  Hopefully things will begin to calm down soon, but it's only halfway through August, and the latest reports are warning that fire 'season' is now expected to last well into the autumn.  As in October.  :(

Climate change is real and it's time to stop mitigating the effects and stop changing the climate?

Just saying...

No comments: