Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowflakes Keep Falling....

....or the further adventures in wonderland......


This the threading I chose last night, shown woven as drawn in. This shows two repeats in the treadling as well as the threading. The warp is just over two repeats wide; the textiles will be several repeats long, of course.
I'm well over the half way mark in threading but I also need to start filling my suitcase, so I may not start weaving tonight. OTOH, I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out, soooo.....
The good news is that it stopped snowing, and the snow removal crew came by and cleaned our street. Trying to avoid the graders and get into my driveway before they came by, I actually wound up getting stuck in the road and one of the grader drivers had to push me! When I found myself stuck with the big machines coming up rapidly behind me, I knew I wouldn't be stuck for long. Or at least I hoped they wouldn't leave a damsel, er, lady? - in distress, and I was right. :D Sometimes having grey hair is useful!!!! (The lead driver got out when he saw me trying to dig the snow out from under the van's wheels.)
Back to the loom and drawing in (the old term for threading).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These kinds of patterns are so cool! I really like all the tiny squares in it.

Laura Fry said...

I've been exploring twills and variations for the past few years. They make a certain kind of linear sense, but you can do all sorts of different tie ups and treadlings and come up with lots of different patterns. Sometimes I run out of warp before I run out of ideas. :}

Cheers,

Laura