Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Once again the photo looked fine in my photo software but now looks blurry - at least you can get an idea of what it looks like. :}
It's not perfect - not even close - but there are no 'design elements' in it that I'm aware of and frankly I'm pretty pleased with it. Pleased enough that I may even go ahead and put an order in for fansticks to mount it on. I'm sure that if I do it a few more times that it will get better. I'm thinking that the next one I'll use a mylar as the worker in the fans - which will no doubt be nearly impossible to photograph (shiny, shiny!) - but should look quite nice.
On the weaving front, I'm nearly finished the Sweetheart Towels on the AVL.
So far Sharon has woven 3 towels on the 16/2 cotton warp I set up for her (and samples to get used to the loom and the new hand/foot movements), wound a warp and woven a shawl (17 inches in the reed, 86" long), and today wove off a 5 meter long 2/8 cotton warp for placemats. In between she's learned a bit of bobbin lace (over 1/3 the way through a bookmark) and we've spent a number of hours talking weaving.
One day and a bit left - we have yet to decide what tomorrow will bring.
Currently reading Midnight Fugue by Reginald Hill