A friend who is an RN commented that I needed to toughen the tender bones, so once I was dressed this morning I put the moon boot on and hobbled, using the walker to support myself, up and down the hallway and into the kitchen and lr for a change of scene. Managed about 5 minutes before my toes started to tingle and decided that was probably enough to begin with.
Then I went down to the studio and started weaving on the placemat warp. And right away noticed that weaving was easier today than it had been yesterday. So I counted that as real progress, no matter that I only managed 3 mats before deciding that that was probably enough for today.
After lunch I went back down to the studio and found that I could actually put a little bit of weight on my foot without wearing the boot while using the crutches. (No room for the walker through the pathways!) So again, a tiny bit of progress.
In the end I managed to thread the entire warp in one sitting before deciding that my foot had been down long enough.
The colours in the photo are not true - my camera seems to have a thing about not representing blues very well. The warp is in reality less yellow and more mauve/blue than what you see in the photo. I think I'm going to go with the natural white cotton slub and a very simple twill block progression. The warp is threaded point over all 16 shafts.
I took the 9 colours from the pastel kit and set them up randomly on the spool rack and then threaded them 'randomly'. In other words, I just made sure that no two adjacent ends were the same colour.
Since there were only 9 colours (two spools each) the warp was beamed at 18 ends per section but I'll sley the warp at 24. With this 2/8 cotton I can fudge the width so I'm not anticipating any difficulty reducing it from 26" on the beam to 19.5 in the reed.
After all of the above activity my foot hasn't even swollen up too badly so I'm going to go for 4 mats tomorrow and see how it goes.