Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Friend - The Deadline



Scarf #1 - dark burgundy weft



Scarf #2 - medium red weft


Since returning home on Thursday I've had very little energy. Blame long very fast trip (600 or so miles each way with show set up one day and guild program the next), dreary weather and - sigh - lack of critical deadlines.

What can I say - I work better under pressure! Deadlines give me focus, force me to concentrate on what needs to be done next and not woolgather. :}

Usually I'm pretty good at psyching myself up with self-imposed deadlines, but it hasn't been working very well so far this week.

When I got up this morning I had all sorts of plans. I would dress the Fanny, go to lace, come home and get the AVL dressed. Well, I got the red warp on and went to lace but when I got home I decided I needed a snack and, well, my book was right there, and I'm almost finished, and, well, you know what happened.

But I did finally grab myself by the scruff of the neck (metaphorically speaking, of course) and got myself to the studio. My bp was spiking and the best thing to do when that happens (although I have no idea why it happens in the first place) is to exercise and well, there was that lovely red warp all ready to weave..........and, well, you know what happened. I started weaving instead of winding spools for the AVL warp.

But isn't it pretty? The first scarf was woven using a dark red, the second with a medium red. A good Power Red. Just the thing for a dreary, grey, drizzly day.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Reminds me of the Sammy Hagar song: "Red, red, I love red. Ain't no substitute for red."

I'm starting to get inspired to weave - now that my knees are new, I don't have any pain, and can probably handle it!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Laura Fry said...

He's right, there is no substitute for red! Glad to hear you are thinking of weaving again. Pain free is good! :D

Cheers!
Laura