Friday, February 11, 2011

Conquered!


This morning I started working on the handout for the workshops and seminars in Quebec.

One of the huge challenges is going to be the fact that everything will have to be translated into French. Now, I'm used to speaking extemporaeously, so this event is going to be challenging on several levels. :)

However, I did manage to figure out how to scan things and it's beginning to look like the best way to approach at least one of my topics is to be a lot more 'formal' and do a Power Point presentation.

Much of the information in A Good Yarn is quite technical (see image above) and if I can get these pages translated, I could do an English and a French Power Point presentation and have both running side by side.

Or at least, that's my thinking now.

I still have to do the general session address and a Power Point presentation for that, too.

This dinosaur is going to be dragged into the technology one way or another, looks like. :^)

Currently reading Side Jobs by Jim Butcher

No comments: